Saturday, October 6, 2007

Finlay's First Steps on the Road to a Championship (well, one can hope, right?)

Hey guys, Fin here again. I figure that if Mom and Dad can blog so can I. Plus I know that lots of you guys like me best anyway! When I woke up, today seemed like a normal Saturday. We all slept late, watched College Gameday, and then Mom and Dad went out for a while (typical).

When they came home, I knew Dad was up to something because he was working out on the deck with his tools. Mom and Dad wanted me to stay outside with them, but I was just too hot, and besides that, why should I have to stay out there - it's not like I can help anyway!


Once he was finished Dad absolutely insisted that I come outside, and boy did I have a surprise waiting for me. Mom and Dad called it a toy, but I still haven't figured out why. To be honest, it looks pretty scary, and I didn't want to go anywhere near it.

I soon realized, however, that I had no choice. I had to play with my new "toy" if I wanted to get the treats Dad was holding out. I tried every way in the world to get to those treats without jumping over the thing - whatever it is - but Dad would only give me a treat if I jumped over it so I finally caved. It's not like I can't do it! It's just that it seems like a lot of effort to put forth when you can just walk around it. I really let Mom and Dad hear it about that.


They finally gave up on making me jump after a while, but the "toy" is still hanging out in the backyard so I won't be surprised if they make me do it again.

P.S. I overheard them talking about listening to the Baylor game tonight which makes me believe I will have to do that silly "Sic'Em" trick over and over and over tonight. Oh, well...at least that means more treats for me.

Until next time,

Finlay
P.P.S. We (Nick and Lindsay) would just like to say that Fin did an excellent job his first time working with the jump. It's up to AKC agility competition standards, and Fin can already make it over the bar for his class. He just doesn't really like to do it yet. We hope that once he gets better at it, he'll like it a little bit more.

No comments: