Sunday, April 6, 2008

Relay for Life

HESA Team
Cocky!!!
The Hall Fam before it started raining
I'm really sad here. It's about 1am, and the chair I have been sitting in has broken...while I was sitting in it!

On Friday night Nick, Finlay, and I participated in Relay for Life. We did this in memory of my grandpa, GT Reitmeier and Nick's Grammie, Linda Hall. We also walked in honor of my grandparents, Herbert and Mary Ila Colvin, Nick's Grandma, Ginny Bowlin, and my dad, Mike Reitmeier, all survivors.



It promised to be a great event, pictures above. However, bad weather set in around 10 pm, and we were all relegated to a tiny gym in the old PE building. Sitting up all night in a steaming hot gym with 700 other people (a number that rapidly dwindled as the night wore on) as bands play too loudly is not really my idea of a good time. Nick and I stuck it out, though (Fin spent the night with the Marshes) for all those listed above.



The rest of the weekend has been spent in preparation for the Sanderson - Ferguson wedding next weekend. I can't believe we'll be in Texas this time next weekend. For those of you who we'll see soon, we can't wait!



We hope you all had a great weekend. Enjoy the pictures!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how did finlay feel about sitting in a gym all night?

Anonymous said...

Grreat looking team! I know your dad & grandparents appreciate your sacrifice in their honor. Can't wait to see you in Dallas! Love -
Mom