- She rolled over from her back to her tummy just after her 4 month birthday. She did it several times while playing, then once in her sleep. She totally freaked out then and has not done it since! Go figure.
- She has been sitting up by herself since 4 1/2 months. She can shift her weight around and play with toys while sitting up, and she can do it for a long time, but every now and then she'll just take a nosedive to the back, front, or side. This bothered her at first, but now it doesn't really seem to, and she's figuring out how to pull her arms up in front once she falls, which I guess is one step closer to crawling.
- She still only naps for about 30-40 minutes, which she still does 3-4 times daily. One day last week she napped for 1 1/2 hours so I am hopeful that the days of longer, regular naps are coming.
- She sleeps about 11 hours at night, usually from a little after 7 to a little after 6.
- Her normal daily schedule is wake around 6:30, nurse, go back to sleep for 10 or so minutes, wake up and play, and then go back down for a nap around 8 or 8:30. She'll then wake up and nurse again, then eat a vegetable or fruit ("eat" may be a little generous, maybe "taste" would be more appropriate), and play until her next nap around 11 or 12. Once she wakes up from that nap and nurses we may got for a walk or run errands, or play some more until her next nap, usually around 3 or 3:30. Once she wakes up from that nap and nurses she has her rice cereal/oatmeal combo and plays with Daddy for a while before her bathtime at 6:30. She's usually down for the night around 7:15 or 7:30 and sleeps until 6 or 7, waking once to eat.
- She's doing great on solids. She has tried rice cereal, oatmeal, zucchini, avocado, and bananas. So far I have made her fruits and veggies myself, and it's been really easy. I bought the book Super Baby Food and have enjoyed reading more about how to feed Evie in ways that will build good lifelong habits. She hasn't cut back any on nursing, just also eats her two little meals each day. She is also taking an ounce or so of nursery water from a sippy cup at her meals.
- She reaches for everything she wants now! She is especially interested in water bottles, the TV remote, and my iPhone. At church on Sunday she reached out and swatted the chalice of communion wine. Uh oh!
- She is really chatty sometimes and will just babble for several minutes. I really wonder what she is trying to communicate!
- She can stand supported, holding herself up on things, but doesn't really pull up yet unless she is holding our hands.
- She still hates tummy time so I am hoping that crawling and scooting are still a ways off!
Smiling down at Finlay, of course.
Only interested in Fin, not the camera.
Super awkward face!
Surprised? Scared? Who knows?