Wednesday, July 21, 2010

19 Weeks and Happy Birthday/Anniversary/Christmas Nick!


Do I look exhausted in this picture? It was taken around midnight on Sunday, after we'd had two guys with whom Nick served in Afghanistan over for dinner, along with their families. It was fun, but a lot of work! This weekend was the first time experienced foot/ankle swelling and tingling because I was on my feet so much! I'm still feeling pretty good - no major issues to report. I am feeling Baby H kick and move around all the time, which is pretty cool. I can't wait until Tuesday, when we find out the gender. I'm also still waiting to finally, really, look pregnant. At this point, you have to see it in the right clothes at the right angle. I'm more than halfway through this pregnancy, and it would be nice to look like it!
In more exciting news, Nick bought a motorcycle this weekend. Yes, you read that correctly. You can see the proof below. This counts as his gift for all of last year's holidays as well as his gift for his time in Afghanistan. It's a Honda 919, for anyone who knows about this kind of thing - I personally do not. Now all he has to do is learn how to ride it and get a license, and he'll be riding this baby to and from work, having fun and saving us big bucks on gas. This is pretty much the only aspect of motorcycle ownership that excites me...For the moms, etc. who are reading this in fear, know that the USAF tightly regulates all safety aspects of riding motorcycles, and Nick has to go through a squadron motorcycle liaison in order to be approved to ride it. Nick will have to wear a helmet, safety gear, and reflective clothing whenever he is riding it, and of course in inclement weather he will have his car.

No comments: