Friday, June 18, 2010

15 Weeks

There's not much new to report from 15 weeks. As you can see, my tummy is growing a little bit, still waiting to really pop out! I'm still feeling pretty good, the only thing that seems to be lingering from the first trimester is lack of energy. It's not as bad as it was a few months ago, but I'm definitely not my old self either.
In other news, Nick is moving to days next week! Woo hoo! This schedule of him leaving the house at 10pm and getting home anywhere from 3-8am has been really tough on both of us, and I'm pretty sure that it's been contributing to my fatigue issues. He'll be on days for a few weeks and then move to the swing shift in July, which will be from about 4-11pm.
Also, the "Go Green" initiative that Nick helped start up in Afghanistan got some more press recently. You can check it out here:
http://www.cjtf82.com/regional-command-east-news-mainmenu-401/2888-green-program-rewards-cooperation.html. I continue to be incredibly proud of him and the work he did over there.
Finally, I attended my first social night with the 3rd SOS Spouses' Club last night. There were about 13 or 14 women there, and they all seemed really nice. One that I met actually graduated from Baylor in '02 and was a cheerleader her senior year there. Since I'm going to be staying at home with Baby H it's important for me to make some good girlfriends here, especially those with kids, and I think there are definitely some women in this group who could fill the bill. We'll see how that goes, it's always tough getting a new start in a new place, but I'm hopeful that I'll begin to make some good friends here soon.
Happy weekend everyone!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

So fun! Your weekly pictures are really cute! I got my birthday present from y'all today - and I love it! The color is perfect! Thank you!!!

You should have a surprise coming in the mail - have you gotten it yet?

Anna M said...

Oh I'm glad you're meeting folks! I know this is really important--you'll definitely want those friends once the baby comes (but it's really important to solidify friendships before the craziness of a baby!). You're looking great!