Height: 24.2 inches (34%)
Weight: 13.56 lbs. (35%)
Head Circumference: 41cm (39%)
Her little body is finally catching up with her head! She's still on the small side of things, but much closer to average now. She actually looks like quite a little chunk! I'll post pictures in a separate post. (I've got to take some official 4 month pics today!)
Here are some things she is doing/has done in the last month:
- Sleeps in her own room for 10-12 hours each night
- Naps 3-4 times a day, usually for only 30-45 minutes per nap in her crib, but for longer if she's in her Boppy pillow on the couch
- Nurses every 2 1/2-3 1/2 hours during the day and anywhere from 0-2 times at night, usually just once
- Has established a bedtime routine of bath, book, nurse, sleep starting at 7:30 each night
- Likes going for walks much more since she has moved out of her bassinet and into the regular part of her stroller. We walk 3-5 times per week.
- Still doesn't love her Bumbo, but has begun to sit unassisted for short periods in the "tripod" stance
- Loves to stand supported. She will fuss to do this if we don't let her. Most of the time she just needs to hold onto our hands for balance.
- Is getting much better at grasping items. She especially loves her Nugget, crunchy book, Taggies ball, and alphabet loops right now.
- Loves laughing at Finlay when he walks away and then comes back into her line of sight. This will entertain her for over 10 minutes at a time.
- She can use her entertainer table if we put something under her feet since her legs don't reach the ground yet.
- She's still too small for her high chair, but she enjoys watching us eat at mealtimes from her bouncy seat. She still won't start solids until closer to 6 months.
- She is getting very close to rolling over back to tummy. She can get her lower half all the way over, but can't figure out the upper half.
- Tolerates tummy time more but still doesn't love it
- Likes to chatter to her mobile and toys on her playmat
- Loves having raspberries blown on her tummy during diaper changes
- Loves splashing around in her bath
Wake around 8-8:30am and nurse immediately. Play for about 45 minutes-1 hour then get fussy and sleepy. We put her in her sleep sack and read a book until she is super drowsy, then she naps in her crib for 30-45 minutes. She repeats that cycle, normally eating around 11-11:30 and 2:00-2:30 and repeating the eat, play, sleep cycle and then staying awake for the rest of the evening after her 5-5:30 feeding. She then starts her bedtime routine at 7:30, eats around 8:00 and is usually asleep by 8:30.
I am really trying to savor every moment that she is still in this small baby stage, but selfishly I am looking forward to the time that she can sit up on her own, allowing us to enjoy more activities together. I know those days are coming quickly, though, and I wouldn't really trade a moment of these first 4 months. Our sweet Evie continues to be a complete joy!