Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Graduation Party

So I know I've been ranting for a few weeks about being officially done with school. However, my truly official graduation date is this Saturday. Today, my friends in the History office organized a surprise graduation party for me, complete with cake and ice cream! I was bowled over. I'm not doing anything to officially celebrate so I hadn't even thought that anyone else would remember that I was, in fact, graduating, much less do anything to commemorate the occasions. My co-worker Melissa even told me that she'd been planning to attend the big graduation ceremony since she knew I wouldn't really have anyone else but Nick to watch me. I think she was pretty relieved to find out that I'm not going to be walking on Saturday.

Do I have great co-workers or what?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Linz! Mom and I are very proud of you! I know we didn't get to spend much time celebrating you finishing your studies last weekend. I guess now we all need to be "watching" (Duh?)as you officially graduate and get ready to start the new job.

Love,

Dad

Anna M said...

You do have great co-workers!! Congrats, Lindsay!! So happy for you!