Friday, February 18, 2011

11 Weeks

So I tried for the traditional weekly photo shoot today.  Evie wasn't too into it from the get-go.  This was the best I got in the traditional pose.  E was fussy so I thought it wouldn't be the end of the world if I let her have her paci...
 She was a little happier with the paci for a moment...
 And then everything totally devolved into this...
 And as I type this both Evie and Finlay are enjoying a much-needed nap.  As you can see, Evie's "big brother" loves her bunches.
This week has had its share of ups and downs for Evie.  Her two-month shots put her out of sorts for a few days, but she's pretty much back to normal now.  Just this week she has started to roll over both ways from her tummy to her back.  She hates tummy time so much, and I guess she sees rolling over as an escape!  This morning she also laughed for the first time - at Finlay.  How precious is that?!  She also is sleeping through the night dependably, even after her shots.  I usually put her to sleep at around 10:30 or 11:00, and she normally sleeps until at least 6:00 if not a little longer.  I have been putting her back down for a few hours after her early-morning meal, but I think I may have to stop doing that.  She's usually pretty restless during those few hours, and this morning she spent them awake with Nick.  He said that she had some really good playtime then so I'm thinking that she probably prefers to be awake at that time.  Oh, well...I am just grateful that she is sleeping through the night! 
I am also trying to organize her day a little more, although I will not be putting her on a strict schedule - she's an on-demand baby.  She does a pretty good job of making her own schedule, though.  She eats every 2 or 3 hours during the day and has been taking one or two short naps during the morning/early afternoon and then a longer nap in the evening.  Speaking of, she is waking up from her nap now so that's all for the 11 week report!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting fact: The first time Lindsay laughed was when she was watching our dog, Doc, through the sliding glass door. Grandma Edie

Anonymous said...

She's adorable ... isn't it fun to watch her get more social. Love you, Aunt Susan

pangetRomeo said...

nice photo...very cute baby heheheh