Monday, January 18, 2010

Oh Happy Day!

The sun came out today! Like George Washington and that old cherry tree, I cannot tell a lie. Even though my precious pup is a lifesaver for me while Nick is gone, it has been a PAIN to have to take him out for walks several times a day when the thermometer hasn't even cracked 35 degrees some days! And it's been rainy!! Finlay and I are both so thankful that the sun finally showed his face today. To celebrate we went out to the field by our apartment and ran around for a while. The picture isn't great because I took it with my iPhone, but it does show Finlay basking in the warm sun.
Here's something else - did you know that it's only 9 weeks until Nick comes home?! 9 weeks still seems like a long time, but it's so so so much better than 52!! You may be able to tell that it's kind of hard for me to talk about Nick being gone. I don't even now that it's hard to discuss, it's just that I don't even want to listen to myself whine about how lonely I am or how sad it can be with him gone. And most of the time, if I'm honest, that's what I'm thinking about when I have enough time alone, at home, to write about it on the blog. Hence, I've been relatively quiet this past year. Let me tell you, it hasn't been a cake-walk, but my marriage has only been strengthened over the last 10 months as Nick and I have both grown incredibly, and we have so much to look forward to in the coming months. I do think that as Nick's return grows closer and my spirit continues to rise I'll have more to share. I hope I don't bore you all to death!
For now, thanks for reading, and I hope you all enjoyed a nice day off at home with the people (and pets!) that you love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said, Lindz. It's great to see Fin looking so happy, too. :) Clovis, here we come! Mom