Friday, September 18, 2009

I had dinner in Orangeburg last night with my cousin Matt, who gently reminded me that aside from my frantic blogging in early September, I've been a delinquent blogger. This past spring I promised to bring you the good, the bad, and the ugly of deployment life, but that promise has gone unfulfilled. I apologize.
Believe it or not, since Nick has been gone I have regularly asked myself why I haven't been compelled to share more of my life with those of you out there in the blogosphere. I haven't yet been able to answer my own question. I think that a big part of my strategy for maintaining my sanity during Nick's absence is to not dwell on the negatives: he's far away, facing dangerous situations every day, while I'm lonely at home trying to do everything by myself. To give voice to these thoughts, I fear, might yank away the curtain I've so carefully drawn across all those thoughts.
However, I've come to the conclusion that to not get these thoughts and emotions and experiences out is an injustice to those of you who genuinely wonder how Nick and I are handling the deployment, to my future self, who will undoubtedly look back on whatever I write here someday with nostalgia, and most of all to all those people who have ministered to Nick and to me during this present challenge. You all deserve some recognition!
Today I commit to post a minimum of one post each week. Even if I feel I have nothing to say, I can at least write about Nicholas.
So there you have it. I pledge to be a delinquent blogger no more! Thanks to all of you who really do read my little blog. I will strive to do better by you. I promise.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're here. And we love you both! Mom

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!