Sunday, March 11, 2012

February Cruise

This cute girl stayed with Edie and Grandad for the first week of February while Nick and I took a cruise through the Southern Caribbean.
 The trip started off with a bang!  Evie and I arrived in Waco a week early to acclimate her to their house, and by the end of that week we had both been to the doctor.  I had a massive allergy attack and she had a terrible diaper rash.  We both got some steroids, and things were looking up from there! 

Nick flew into Houston and our cruise left from Galveston so I picked him up on the way down on Sunday.  Here we are on the balcony of our cabin, getting ready to leave.
 This is us on our first formal night.  It was fun to dress up, and they had free champagne before dinner!  We met some cute couples from Baylor that night, one of whom was a KOT with my brother Mark.  We three couples made up about 50% of the young adult population on our cruise...the rest were easily twice our age and up!
For our first two days at sea it was cool, cloudy, and windy so we didn't get much sun so forgive our pastiness here!  This picture is from our first day on land.  We went ziplining in Roatan, Honduras.  It was a lot of fun, but rainy and cold!!
 Getting clipped in and ready to go!
 This monkey hung out on Nick's shoulder for a while.
 Here's Nick with our ship in the background.
 Here we are on day four of the cruise in Belize City, Belize.  We snorkled there, which was fun, but it was rainy and cool again! 
On our last day on land we docked at Cozumel.  We were late getting docked because someone jumped from deck eleven of the Allure of the Seas on their way into port.  (We were on the Mariner of the Seas).  The snorkling in Cozumel was great, was cloudy and cool!

Finally, on the last day of our cruise the sun came out and it was warm enough to hang out by the pool!  That almost didn't matter, though, because it was so nice to take a break from life, be lazy, and enjoy spending time as a couple.  I know it will be a few years before we can do anything like this again so I tried to savor every minute, even the ones that didn't quite turn out as planned!

We owe a huge thanks to Edie and Grandad for hanging out with EC all week.  By all reports she had a blast, and since we got daily reports via text message we didn't feel too out of the loop either.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the photos. I'm glad you enjoyed your cruise. Evie is a cutie.
Aunt Susan