Saturday, October 10, 2009

A Tale of Two Trips

Okay, okay, it's been more than a week since I last posted, but it's been a busy week or so! I traveled to the National Academic Advising Association (NACADA) Annual Conference in San Antonio last week. While I was there I got to see my friend Susan who is now working at UT in Austin. Mom also came down to stay with me on Thursday and Friday nights. I learned about some new ways to be a better advisor, spent some time with people I love, and ate some great Mexican food! What could be better?

Suze and me at dinner Friday night
Harriett, a fellow USC advisor, and me at The Alamo
Mom and me having margaritas on the Riverwalk Thursday night.

Meanwhile, Nick made a trip to the COP (Combat Outpost). In light of recent events in Nuristan province (next to Laghman province, Nick's province) I have cleared all of these pictures with him as okay for the blog.
Nick also has some big news - he was named CGO (company grade officer) of the month for September. Take a minute to send him a congratulatory e-mail when you get a chance.
Santana, the COP puppy
Nick's a big fan of the lamb and rice they ate. Really.
Playing golf at the COP. At least he got a little downtime!
Coach, the COP dog, says "come to the shura!"
Nick practicing with a sniper rifle. This one is actually a souped-up version of the Remington 308 Nick has at home. He was 5 for 5 at 500 meters!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

San Antonio was so fun - can't wait to see you at Homecoming!

SO proud of Nick! MU jersey is having patches added, will then be on its way. :) Love - Mom